Friday, March 2, 2007

designing for charity

I would never buy something just because a portion of the proceeds go to charity. In the case of the (PRODUCT) RED iPod nano, only $10 from each sale goes toward the Global Fund to Fight Aids in Africa. I'd rather buy the black one that I actually want and just take $10 out of my pocket and donate. Don't get me wrong; it adds up and ends up making a difference, but there really is no point for the consumer in paying for something they don't really like, just for less than 5% of the sales going toward the charity.

Now designers are banding together and raising money for charities of their choices. I love it because here's something that I can actually spend my money on and enjoy!

This Junk Food tee can be found at Revolveclothing.com. 100% of the proceeds go toward Take Action Hollywood!, a new foundation set up by Maria Menounos. You can give back and look cute for the retail price of $18.00.

Splendid and Glamour magazine teamed up with Shopbop.com for this super cute set of t-shirts. The one pictured above is by Rachel Roy and my absolute favourite. 30% from each t-shirt goes toward the charity of the designer's choice. The Rachel Roy tee specifically benefits Children's Hope India. Each retails for $68.00.

This is the Vita Charity Medium Bangle exclusively available at Revolveclothing.com for $44.00. 100% of proceeds are donated to the International Rescue Committee, acting on behalf of the Sudanese people.

Love it!

No comments: