Sunday, March 18, 2007

primp vis-a-vis juicy

So we have magazines touting Primp as the new Juicy Couture. I won't lie, I think their thermals are totally cute. All the major Canadian knock-off stores (ie. Stitches, Sirens) already have their versions of the Bunny zip-ups. Even Aritzia has their version with roses and stars and whatever else they have.

Realistically though, how many more animals/symbols can they make prints out of before they start reaching? The bunnies were absolutely adorable, as were the seagulls and anchors (see below). But they're already losing me with the horse heads (uh, a little weird) and lion-heart (I don't see it) and even the bows (C&C rip-off, perhaps?)

Juicy can keep coming up with different colours- it's much easier for them to innovate. They end up with 25 new shades every season. Plus, they have the t-shirt, purse and everything else thing going on.

I'm already foreseeing Primp dying down in popularity within the next few years. I'm already pretty sick of it. When I bought my first piece, I honestly thought it was an eyesore and then it grew on me. Now I just see it as an eyesore again.



image from Revolveclothing.com

No comments: