Thursday, November 8, 2007

i'm such a tool

I realized this amidst my weekly dorm room 'inventory' check to make sure I had enough clothing to last me the next few weeks at school.

I do, and it's mostly Abercrombie. And I'm actually really embarassed.

Their t-shirts and sweatshirts are extremely comfortable and cheap and amazing campus wear. The sweaters they make have gotten a little bit better in terms of quality (the cashmere is actually decent - still scratchy after some wear though) and the cuts are fairly up-to-date. I wouldn't touch their denim with a 3 meter pole, but I do have an Abercrombie winter jacket.

This sweater, for example. I love it. You can't even tell there's an Abercrombie logo on it.

Allegra - $89.50
I can see a concentrated effort to revamp their image, especially from some minor changes on their website. They actually have a lookbook now. Granted, said lookbook is not really groundbreaking in any way, shape or form, but it's a start. They've also introduced a section called 'Fashion Fleece.' While I can't really deduce how 'Fashion Fleece' is different from 'Classic Fleece,' again, it's a start.

Fashion Fleece vs. Classic Fleece: Can you tell which is which?

The best part about Abercrombie? Their clearance section is constantly being updated! Since their styles never really change from year to year, you can always stock up for the following year cheaply at the end of the season.


So yeah, I guess I'm a tool. I just can't stay away!

Pictures (respectfully) stolen from: Abercrombie.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow good blog. I also like wearing Abercrombie jackets new designs. I want to buy new jacket on this Christmas. Presently my favorite shopping store is http://www.newabercrombie.com , but now i'm seeking for any another online store. Please help me.

Viktoria said...

isnt abrecombie and fich like really expensive, alot of my friends shop there but they are like really rich soo, anyways i was planning to go there to today butim not sure what to expect just beacuse ive never been there beafor

Viktoria said...

isnt abrecombie and fich like really expensive, alot of my friends shop there but they are like really rich soo, anyways i was planning to go there to today butim not sure what to expect just beacuse ive never been there beafor