Wednesday, February 28, 2007

her first time.

So my mom doesn't really care all too much about labels and brand names. Her friend goes to Hong Kong every once in awhile and brings back a (very obviously fake) designer bag as a souvenir for her. She has a Burberry (fake), Prada (fake), and one more that I cannot recall. She is... frugal at best. She likes to buy a lot, but at good prices. You'll always see her at Talbot's when it's clearance time and buy a dozen things that she kinda-sorta-maybe likes whereas I end tend to buy one or two things that I adore.

I finally talked her into a designer purse. A real, live one that requires an investment. A Prada Napa Sport Hobo. She absolutely adored her Prada (fake) and wore it even when the strap broke. Stock photo of her very first designer purse purchase below.

I can't remember my first. I just don't remember. But I do know that I love my tiny collection (2 Vintage Guccis, a Paddy, and a Prada... possibly more, I can't think right now) and the only thing that could possibly make it better is a Louis Vuitton Black Epi Passy for when I go to work. Perfect understated elegance. I love it.

I love purses.

image from Neimanmarcus.com

No comments: